Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My 3 Diamonds

Last night my 15 year old daughter, Dhamayenthy and I reversed our roles. She became my ‘mom’ when she suggested that I should blog instead of playing FreeCell, my addiction, especially when I’m watching TV. I had only managed to put 2 posts on my blog when I forgot my password and had technical problems after that. She took about 20 minutes to fix the problem and even designed it for me. I love what she has done. Thank you Dhama!

What would I do without my children?!! In fact my blogspot was first started for me by Dhivia; my elder girl (read first post). My son Karthi takes care of my anti-virus and whatever other programmes I need. They also download songs for me. I just have to give them my ‘favourite songs’ list.

My 3 children are the best thing that has happened to me. Sorry dear (hubby), you have to settle for second place now even though I owe our children’s presence to you! There has been much pain bringing them up, especially when disciplining them, but now they are my best friends and it is such a pleasure when I’m with them.

I wonder if Karthi and Dhivia remember how they compared me with Cinderella’s stepmom and the wicked witch in ‘Snow White’ when I used to cane them for being naughty when they were young! Believe me, it hurt me too. Now, I’m so proud of them. They are my 3 diamonds; the jewels that sparkle and brighten up my life (and I’m sure my husband feels the same way too). Am I a biased judge? Please be informed that as a teacher I’ve been meeting and handling a couple of hundred teenagers every year for the past 23 years. So I have enough ‘samples’ to make comparisons with my children. They are so undemanding, very accommodating, reliable, obedient, loving (though Dhivia has a problem displaying it!) often understanding, etc. etc…KARTHI, DHIVIA and DHAMA… I LOVE YOU!

0 comments: